Happily switched from Aperture to Lightroom?

Started Apr 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Stu 5
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,265
Like?
Re: Happily switched from Aperture to Lightroom?
In reply to Calxoddity, Apr 18, 2013

Calxoddity wrote:

Hi,

I tried Lightroom 3 and didn't like it.  I downloaded the LR 5 beta two days ago and have been trying to use it because I like to understand what my options are.

Unfortunately, I just can't enjoy using LR due to its haphazard interface and modal behaviour - it grates with me every time I use it.

Perhaps LR does do noise reduction and lens correction better than Aperture, but I'm frustrated the other 75% of the time when I don't need the extra that LR gives.  With the full Nik plugin suite and Aperture's current feature set, there's just no compelling reason for me to change.

-- hide signature --

Calxoddity
'Turning up in the oddest places...'

I think you need to play with it a little longer because you are missing some things like 'highlights' settings which is much better at recovering than Aperture is. Try the basic adjustments out more and you will discover than can open up a photos dynamic range better. Also you have an 'exposure' brush which does not exist in Aperture.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow