A99 hand strap recommendation?

Started Apr 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
cplunk
Senior MemberPosts: 1,298Gear list
Like?
Re: A99 hand strap recommendation?
In reply to dpyy, Apr 18, 2013

For a while I used a $5 Ebay hand strap, similar to the Sony version, just cheaper (pretty cheap really).  A couple years back I got a carry speed sling that had a mount point for the hand strap opposite the hook for the sling on a plate the mounted into the tripod screw.

My hands were too big and it was really a bit uncomfortable until I bought a grip for my A77. I also ran across a Minolta hand strap some and snatched that up and started using it also.

A while ago I also saw a deal on the pad from a canon hand strap, and figured it seemed nice enough and picked that up. Now that I just got my brand new A99, I've found a loose bit of nylon strap the right size and, sacrilege or not, ya, I've got a canon hand strap.

I'd sure like to get the Sony one. But I just spent $2800 for a camera and nearly $200 for a new back (lowepro messenger), my $3 canon mutted up handstrap is working just fine.

You need something to hold the bottom on the camera. The Sony strap come with some kinda mount I've never actually seen before, so I can't really comment on them. But the cheap ebay versions come with a cheap plastic bit that you might not have much faith in.  The vertical grip has lugs for the strap built in, so it works pretty darn with with one.

cplunk's gear list:cplunk's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony Alpha DSLR-A330 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony SLT-A99 +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow