Which full frame Nikon body is safe to buy?

Started Apr 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
CeleryBeats
Contributing MemberPosts: 647Gear list
Like?
Re: Which full frame Nikon body is safe to buy?
In reply to regos, Apr 18, 2013

regos wrote:

I have been following all the posts for the last few weeks dealing with the D600 sensor oil/dirt issues, and D800 AF issues as well as oil issues , because I recently decided to get a full frame Nikon, in order to take advantage of my legacy Nikkor lenses in their native focal lenghts and get full frame quality.

I have a D7000 now, which somehow I have never been thrilled with, and in fact, since getting a Fuji X-P1, which has noticably better IQ at all ISO levels, I rarely choose to use the D7k, unless I need flash or telephoto. It also had the oil splatter issue, and I recently got it back from Nikon in LA, supposedly fixed. That remains to be seen, as I haven't used it enough yet to be able to verify.

In any case, I am now fully warned and have decided to not by a Nikon D600 at this time, or probably ever. What is left?  I'm equally afraid of buying a D800 or D800E. I don't need any projects, especially at these prices.

Which full frame Nikon body can I buy that has no known, serious, potentially deal breaking issues?

All of them.

CeleryBeats's gear list:CeleryBeats's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 58mm f/1.4G Sony RX100 II Pentax K-5 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow