Started Apr 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
c.hammett
Forum ProPosts: 11,585Gear list
Like?
OS 10.8 Mountain Lion - converting documents made in Appleworks to Pages
Apr 18, 2013

I have a lot of lecture notes  from courses I taught, that were created in Appleworks,  as well as some that were created in Clarisworks v.6.0.  My tech just installed OS 10.8 on my  main iMac, and now I am trying to figure out how to convert and open  the older Appleworks docs in OS10.8 "Pages". The docs created in v6.0 will open o.K. and I can save  as Pages.

The only thing I can figure out for the older Appleworks docs is to open them on my other iMac running OS 10.6.8 and save them as v 6.0 and then move them back onto my other computer running OS 10.8 and then open them and save as Pages.  This is unbearably time consuming, doing it lecture -by- lecture.  Is there a "bulk" way to do this, or any shortcut I'm missing ?

SURELY, there is an easier way ?   I can't believe other people haven't had this problem,and that  Apple wouldn't have a fix for this.  Any help would be apprreciated.

carolyn

-- hide signature --

Ranger a.k.a chammett
http://www.pbase.com/chammett
'elegance is simplicity'

c.hammett's gear list:c.hammett's gear list
Canon EOS 100D Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow