Which full frame Nikon body is safe to buy?

Started Apr 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
regos
Regular MemberPosts: 148Gear list
Like?
Which full frame Nikon body is safe to buy?
Apr 18, 2013

I have been following all the posts for the last few weeks dealing with the D600 sensor oil/dirt issues, and D800 AF issues as well as oil issues , because I recently decided to get a full frame Nikon, in order to take advantage of my legacy Nikkor lenses in their native focal lenghts and get full frame quality.

I have a D7000 now, which somehow I have never been thrilled with, and in fact, since getting a Fuji X-P1, which has noticably better IQ at all ISO levels, I rarely choose to use the D7k, unless I need flash or telephoto. It also had the oil splatter issue, and I recently got it back from Nikon in LA, supposedly fixed. That remains to be seen, as I haven't used it enough yet to be able to verify.

In any case, I am now fully warned and have decided to not by a Nikon D600 at this time, or probably ever. What is left?  I'm equally afraid of buying a D800 or D800E. I don't need any projects, especially at these prices.

Which full frame Nikon body can I buy that has no known, serious, potentially deal breaking issues?

regos's gear list:regos's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Nikon D700 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +2 more
Nikon D600 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow