Those pricy viewfinders?

Started Apr 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
geoffmalter
Senior MemberPosts: 1,870Gear list
Like?
Re: Those pricy viewfinders?
In reply to BobT, Apr 18, 2013

BobT wrote:

No question that the price is "certainly right" versus the VF-2/3s.  But how does the quality compare.  Which connection system would be recommended for use with the XZ-1?  The version that connects to the hotshoe looks as though it might be best for remaining attached to the camera (almost) permanently.  Is this correct?

The one I have is the upgrade designed for 3" LCDs, and connects to the tripod mount. Folds up against the LCD when not in use. The manufacturer makes them for many specific models. As an example, mine has an off-set screw to accommodate the the LX5's tripod mount in relation to the center of the lens. It's all metal (Aluminum) with quality hinges and glass. There are small felt pads, so when folded, the LCD is protected. IMO the image you see is the same quality as the LCD itself. Against your eye, it helps stabilize the camera, and using your left hand over it as you hold the camera, very little if any light gets in between the LCD and the Clearviewer optics (disclaimer: I have no financial interest in this product. I promote it because I'm a very satisfied user. Do a search for Clearviewer on DPR and you'll find the same type comments).

geoffmalter's gear list:geoffmalter's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Olympus Tough TG-1 iHS Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Sony SLT-A57 Sony DT 55-300mm F4.5-5.6 SAM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow