how does the 16-50 PZ lens compare to the 18-55 kit lens on the NEX 5N specifically?

Started Apr 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Rickj23
Regular MemberPosts: 456
Like?
Re: how does the 16-50 PZ lens compare to the 18-55 kit lens on the NEX 5N specifically?
In reply to ijustloveshooting, Apr 18, 2013

ijustloveshooting wrote:

RezaTravilla wrote:

ijustloveshooting wrote:

i had both lenses on my nex5n...18-55 is sharper generally, espescially at F6.3 which is the biggest ap. on both lenses, 18-55 is sharper....also, at tele end, bokeh of 18-55 is much better, let's say, with 18-55mm, your object is better isolated from background...

i also had problems with 16-50mm on nex5N despite i updated the fw issued for this lens..however, at smaller apertures, as far as i remember F11 and smaller aps, lens simply refuses focusing,,,...but portability of  16-50mm is great.

i'm intend to change my kit lens 18-55mm to PZ 16-50mm. May i know in what condition the lens were refused focusing?

Yes i like the portability. For sharper or not i think it's slight different and it will be okay for me.

in any lighting condition,,,bright day light...it doesnt matter, if you are above F11 (i hope i remember correctly), it simply refuses to focus on distant subjects....it used to focus on subject a few meters away from me but , when i try to focus on 20-30meters away, it doesnt.it can be a problem for landscape ...

There is an old English saying, that was used in tailoring trade, but might be applied in this situation just as well ?  "Never mind the quality, feel the width" ...

The lens looks nice shiny black and it is compact ... which for some people is the key consideration ....

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow