how does the 16-50 PZ lens compare to the 18-55 kit lens on the NEX 5N specifically?

Started Apr 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Rickj23
Regular MemberPosts: 453
Like?
Re: how does the 16-50 PZ lens compare to the 18-55 kit lens on the NEX 5N specifically?
In reply to ijustloveshooting, Apr 18, 2013

ijustloveshooting wrote:

i had both lenses on my nex5n...18-55 is sharper generally, espescially at F6.3 which is the biggest ap. on both lenses, 18-55 is sharper....also, at tele end, bokeh of 18-55 is much better, let's say, with 18-55mm, your object is better isolated from background...

i also had problems with 16-50mm on nex5N despite i updated the fw issued for this lens..however, at smaller apertures, as far as i remember F11 and smaller aps, lens simply refuses focusing,,,...but portability of  16-50mm is great.

The portability of SEL1650PZ might be great in transit .... until you switch the camera on ... and then the lens is nearly the size of SEL1855.  What's more, it takes a while for the lens to extend and to retract ... hence, by the time the lens is ready to be used, you might have missed the shot.

No zoom lens is ever going to be as good as prime lens when it comes to IQ, but when I look for "one zoom lens to take with" my camera  .... the IQ will definitely trump the portability.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow