Windows 7 + CS6 window management problem?

Started Apr 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Redcrown
Senior MemberPosts: 1,251
Like?
Windows 7 + CS6 window management problem?
Apr 18, 2013

I have a slightly annoying problem on my system, wondering if anybody has a hint.

Running Windows 7, Photoshop CS6, both 64bit. I load Photoshop and Bridge and no other applications. So I have only Photoshop and Bridge tabs in my task bar. The Photoshop and Bridge windows are both maximized.

I start editing, browsing in Bridge, load into Photoshop, edit, save, go back to Bridge and repeat.

The problem is that frequently, but randomly, after I save in Photoshop the Bridge window will not come up when I click on its tab in the task bar. I can click on the Bridge tab several times, it still won't come up. The Photoshop window stays up.

But if I click on the Photoshop tab, then the Bridge window comes up. Now, when I double click an image in Bridge to load it, the Photoshop window comes up but it is no longer maximized. The Photoshop window is downsized to whatever size I last set it at. So I maximize the Photoshop window and continue working. The Bridge window always stays maximized.

Following that "burp" I can continue going back and forth between Photoshop and Bridge for a while, but then the event happens again. For a while I was suspicious that it was a timing problem. That maybe the event occured when I clicked on the Bridge tab before Photoshop completed the save. But I've confirmed that's not the case. I've reset Photoshop preferences several times for other reasons, and the problem continues.

So it seems that the Win7 window management is getting confused, but it appears the problem is only with Bridge and Photoshop. If I go back and forth between other programs, it never happens. If I use Windows Explorer (instead of Bridge) to find and load files into Photoshop, no problem.

I've had the problem for a long time, and can't remember when it started. Maybe after some update.

Any hints?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow