Jim in Hudson
Senior MemberPosts: 1,127Gear list
Like?
Re: Sigma 18-35 f1.8 for Pentax?
In reply to viking79, Apr 18, 2013

viking79 wrote:

Aidan Gibson wrote:

Hi there!

Sigma just announced 18-35 F1.8!!! Anybody know if it will be out for pentax? Should be a good lens, price hasn't been announced yet. I guess it is going to cost a fortune.

Sometimes they announce them later for Sony/Pentax, sometimes not.  I suggest contacting Sigma and asking for it.

I am excited to finally see an equivalent lens for APS-C.  The range is very limited though, but should probably be fine.  I might sell my Nikkor 17-55 f/2.8 and get that instead if the price is right, but don't know that it would really get me a lot.  I wish it went to 45 or 50mm instead.

If it is sharp at f/1.8 it would tempt me, if not I would just keep the Nikkor.

I was hoping Pentax would be the first to make an f/2 or faster zoom since they seem dedicated to APS-C.  It would have really prevented the need for full frame at all, but then people start to realize that equivalent APS-C lenses are usually more expensive

Eric

Quite possibly they wait to see the reaction and sales level for Nikon and Canon mounts (which obviously would be higher than for Pentax and Sony).  This would give them an idea of whether it makes sense for them to also go forward with the other mounts.

Jim in Hudson's gear list:Jim in Hudson's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Pentax K-30 Fujifilm X-E1 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow