B&H HOT deal on NX300

Started Apr 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
viking79
Forum ProPosts: 13,798Gear list
Like?
Re: B&H HOT deal on NX300
In reply to thelordsmurf, Apr 18, 2013

thelordsmurf wrote:

I'm relatively new to SLRs so would love some advice on this.

In the B&H links you sent, it looks like if you order the 18-55 OIS lens kit, you can only get the deal with the (old) 50-200 lens.

If you order the 20-50 lens kit, then you can get the deal with any of the many lenses on the list (including the 3d lens).

I mainly plan to use the camera for landscape pictures, pictures of friends and family, stuff like that. I don't envision much sports photography nor much super-zoom photography (though the ability to do so when I need to would be nice I guess). Plus I'd like to be able to hike all day with the camera (one reason I'm choosing the mirrorless camera in the first place).

So my questions to you all:

Do I really need a 50-200 lens to start out with? I was planning to get the NX300 body, either of the 18-55 or 20-50 lens, and the 45 mm 3D lens. Which of the 18-55 or 20-50 lens would you suggest? Based on the reviews people have written so far here it seems people like the 18-55 lens with OIS better, and it seems to focus faster. I for sure want the 3D lens.

I appreciate the input!

Just add the lenses to your cart and the price discount should appear automatically when you go to view your cart.

Exactly, with 18-55 and 20-50, 18-55 has faster (and quieter) AF and OIS is handy if you like it.  I prefer the 20-50mm for the bokeh/out of focus blur is a little smoother.  Both are fine lenses.

The 50-200mm is nice for outdoor portraits, general tele work, etc.  I don't have that lens, but rarely shoot above 100mm.  If I bought the NX300 with that deal I would get the 45mm f/1.8, 30mm f/2, or 50-200mm most likely.  That deal works even for the pre-order lenses, add both to your cart.  If you want wide the 12-24mm is excellent and the 16mm f/2.4 too.

Eric

-- hide signature --

I never saw an ugly thing in my life: for let the form of an object
be what it may - light, shade, and perspective will always make it
beautiful. - John Constable (quote)
See my Blog at: http://www.erphotoreview.com/ (bi-weekly)
Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28177041@N03/ (updated daily)

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Samsung NX1 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow