Sigma constant f1.8!

Started Apr 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
Meuh
Senior MemberPosts: 2,043Gear list
Like?
Re: Sigma constant f1.8!
In reply to grumpyolderman, Apr 18, 2013

True.

I would love to buy more but as a dual system user I end up buying pentax stuff instead.
I managed to get a DA* 16-50 f2.8 for £400 (second hand), the panasonic 12-35mm would have cost me just shy of £800 new (£100 more than the pentax da* 16-50mm new).

So it was a no brainer for me to pick up the pentax over the panasonic, The same would go for the pentax da* 50-135 f2.8 (which I payed £550 new.. now £780) over the panasonic 35-100 f2.8 wich is just shy of £1000)

If m4/3 lens were more resonable or if they were a stop faster to make up for the smaller format I would have had no problem picking up equivelent focal lenghts for the system but I don't see the point in spending more for smaller lens even if the m4/3 stuff being smaller can be seen as a bonus, there is less material (less optical glass, less plastics and other stuff on the lens) so really should cost less than equivelent APCS stuff which is larger and should cost more to make?

Anyway I reguarly use 2 gh2's and a gf1 so I want the m4/3 to stay around and new lens to keep coming, I also find it great that so many other great companys are jumping on the m4/3 market like black magic I just wish they would be more resonable with there pricing.

Meuh's gear list:Meuh's gear list
Samsung GX-10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Pentax K-5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow