JayBratcher
Regular MemberPosts: 275Gear list
Like?
Re: Sigma 18-35 f1.8 for Pentax?
In reply to viking79, Apr 18, 2013

viking79 wrote:

Aidan Gibson wrote:

Hi there!

Sigma just announced 18-35 F1.8!!! Anybody know if it will be out for pentax? Should be a good lens, price hasn't been announced yet. I guess it is going to cost a fortune.

Sometimes they announce them later for Sony/Pentax, sometimes not.  I suggest contacting Sigma and asking for it.

Very true - I noticed that the new 35mm f/1.4 is now listed as available in a Pentax mount on the Sigma website.  I have very high hopes that this 18-35 lens will find its way to Pentax as well.  I have had very good experience with my limited number of Sigma lenses...

I was hoping Pentax would be the first to make an f/2 or faster zoom since they seem dedicated to APS-C.  It would have really prevented the need for full frame at all, but then people start to realize that equivalent APS-C lenses are usually more expensive

For what it's worth though, the fast FF lenses are just as expensive (I'm looking at you, Nikon 24mm f/1.4).

JayBratcher's gear list:JayBratcher's gear list
Nikon D70 Pentax K-5 IIs Olympus PEN E-PM2 Sigma 24mm F1.8 EX DG Aspherical Macro Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow