Started Apr 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Adventsam
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,983
Like?
A58 Lots of Jpgs and Raw's at SLR Club review
Apr 18, 2013

Interesting observation! jpg's look very close to the raw, in fact so much so I prefer the jpg rendition in most cases, for colour and "pop". Also, iso6400 and above the jpgs retain masses of colour and this cannot be easily replicated in raw. I noticed the same with the Image resource raw, the iso6400 raw is poor in the brown cup(that holds the paint brush) rendition with this weird purple blooming going on, if you download the iso16000 raw from the below review of the shop shelf with coffee cups and beans you will find it hard to replicate the jpg in lr from raw, which is unusual.

I am wondering if the lr4.4 raw is not reading the Sony raw files properly in the higher iso's. In any event I doubt I would shoot above iso3200 and upto that level the jpgs and raws look as good as anything currently out there up to a point, certainly ahead of the a57 from the image resource comparator.

Interesting camera for the price! Note, in Korean and the web pages are embedded so not a lot of translation, but the images are there and there are lots to look at and download

http://www.slrclub.com/bbs/vx2.php?id=slr_review&no=331

Sony SLT-A57 Sony SLT-A58
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow