ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
urs_tha
Regular MemberPosts: 118
Like?
Fujifilm selling Sigma lenses?
Apr 18, 2013

Hello fellows!

Looking for the announcement of the new 55-200mm XF- lens, I went to Fujifilm's Swiss homepage and found out, that Fujifilm Switzerland sells Sigma lenses...

http://www.fujifilm.ch/de/s/kameras-+-zubehoer/zubehoer/objektive

http://www.fujifilm.ch/de/s/kameras-+-zubehoer/zubehoer/objektive

Does anybody know what this is all about...?

Fujifilm seems to be rather keen to cooperate with other companies and brands, as the history shows: They produce lenses for television-cameras and they produced bodies for Nikon - lenses (there is a petition to offer a decent AF-capable adapter for those who have Nikon-lenses from the S5pro - era, it is discussed here on dpreview in this thread ).

And Fujifilm seems to cooperate with Zeiss now and even inlclude the Zeiss lenses in their own XF-roadmap.

But what makes it really bizzare in this case is the fact, that the lenses currently offered on Fujifilms website do not seem to fit on any Fujifilm - camera, but rather on Canon and Sigma SLRs !

Who can help me understand, what this is all about? Would be great anyway, if we could count with Sigma-lenses for our X-system-cameras, sometimes Sigma brings out quite remarkable lenses (one of the best lenses I remember having used was Sigma, but this was many years ago).

Anyway, some 3rd party additions to complete the Fujfifilm roadmap would certainly be welcomed by many. But I suppose this is all a bit too optimistic, and probably there is quite a simple reason why Fuji sells Sigma lenses to fit Canon cameras

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Casio Exilim EX-S5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow