My new X20 and my decision process.

Started Apr 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
jhorse
Senior MemberPosts: 2,202Gear list
Like?
Re: My new X20 and my decision process.
In reply to David MacInnes, Apr 18, 2013

I wanted to demonstrate that I was prepared to change and accept the new technology that did away with optical viewfinders.

Big big mistake.

The S100 is a fantastic camera. I liked the wide-angle lens, the large zoom range, and the ability to set aperture and exposure compensation via dials. I struggled with the use of the LCD screen in bright sunshine and mainly used it “blind” but getting very good results with wide-angle scenic shots.

David.

Hi, I too am considering the X20 for the very same reasons. I have had a LX5 for two years as a second camera to my Nikon D300s.  The image quality is excellent and I like the ergonomics, size and fast lens. But I have had to buy the electronic view finder to sit on top. I too got fed up with 'guessing' composition outdoors.  I doubt I will buy another camera, however small, without an integral viewing system. When skiing with the otherwise excellent LX5, where I omit the attached view finder to reduce bulk while skiing, it is all but impossible to see anything meaningful on the LCD. The new LX7, despite a LCD with double the resolution, does not solve the problem.

I would be interested in seeing some of your results as I am on the cusp of ditching the otherwise excellent LX5 in favour of the X20. I shall hang on for a few weeks to see if the rumoured Panasonic LF1 is to all intents and purposes a LX plus integral VF.

-- hide signature --
 jhorse's gear list:jhorse's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Olympus OM-D E-M10
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow