Started Apr 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mariadc
Regular MemberPosts: 136Gear list
Like?
Card Failure (SD)
Apr 18, 2013

I bought a 6D a few weeks ago and the jury is still out, basically because I've had the shutter stick a few times.  That was the first week and it hasn't happened since.  But I'm still within my return period so I'm leaning in that direction for an exchange.

Now I have another concern.  I bought a new SD card (SanDisk Extreme 16G, 45mb/s) just after purchasing the 6D.  Tonight, the SD activity light started flashing and won't stop unless I turn the camera off.  I can still take pictures and they are even written to the card, which can still be read by my Mac. I've removed the battery, removed the card.  Put it all back in - same thing.  I then located an older SD card from a P/S camera and tried it.  The light does not blink.

I've had my 30D for several years, with only 2 difference CF cards that I've used repeatedly, and have not had one failure.  Granted, I have been removing the SD card from the camera and inserting it directly into the SD slot on my Mac.  Files on the CF cards were mostly transferred via USB cable and not removed from the camera much.

Are SD cards more prone to failure?  Still seems to be working, though, but the light keeps blinking for that particular card.

-- hide signature --

Canon 30D | Canon 17-85 | Canon 100-400L | Canon 50 1.4

mariadc's gear list:mariadc's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Canon EOS 30D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
Canon EOS 30D Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow