Olympus E-PL5 or Panasonic Lumix G5

Started Apr 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
BigLoggerhead
New MemberPosts: 18
Like?
Re: Olympus E-PL5 or Panasonic Lumix G5
In reply to Bassam Guy, Apr 18, 2013

Well, I appreciate all the responses and suggestions. I'd really love to be able to put my hands in both these cameras but unfortunately we don't have a camera store locally and I'm not even sure if the camera store 2 hours away has both that I can try out. So that's my dilemma. I'll probably have to make this decision on suggestions and research alone.

As far as the cameras go I have been leaning towards the Olympus but the size of the camera concerns me. I don't have any objections to having a small camera I just have large hands and am worried the Olympus may be a little small for my hands. I also wonder if the lack of a viewfinder will be an issue. Many have said it doesn't bother them. The Panasonic is probably my second favorite but the viewfinder and the slightly larger size make it a viable option. Plus the deal I found at B&H is pretty sweet. $498 and another $45 for the extra lens. That sounds like a pretty good deal and is the same price as the Olympus with the kit lens. I just want to make sure I'm not sacrificing image quality for ergonomics. Although each have their place for sure. This camera will be used for travel and shooting portraits or landscapes. I don't have kids and don't shoot sports so I don't think that will be an issue. But this camera will be used for shooting in low lighting anoutdo doors so that's important. I'm just wondering if the deal on the Panny with the extra lens makes it a better overall value than the Olympus.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow