Digital "censoring" of victims has me worried...

Started Apr 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Paul Farace
Contributing MemberPosts: 726Gear list
Like?
Digital "censoring" of victims has me worried...
Apr 18, 2013

Like everyone I am horrified by the terror bombings at the Boston Marathon... only the police and FBI can do anything about catching the monsters who did this.  But what also bothers me is the fact that many news outlets are digitally censoring the images... actually putting legs back on victims who lost them to the blast!  Cropping of the image of the poor runner who lost both legs is one thing, but several news outlets actually added a portion of his leg that was not there!  Also another victim on the ground had his massive open wound digitally healed in photos run by other outlets.

I think this is wrong... we need to see the full horror... we are not children who need to be told our goldfish went swimming back to the sea via the toilet.  Any mature person who would be disturbed beyond all sensibilities should hid in the basement. For me, tell and show the truth! Otherwise we might think that things were not so bad for those who survived.

-- hide signature --

Holding a camera, any camera, reduces my blood pressure, calms my nerves, and gives me a sense of opportunity!

Paul Farace's gear list:Paul Farace's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 50D Fujifilm X-Pro1 +3 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow