Perfectly Clear by Athentech, RAW workflow enhancement?

Started Apr 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
CraigBennett
Contributing MemberPosts: 687Gear list
Like?
Perfectly Clear by Athentech, RAW workflow enhancement?
Apr 18, 2013

I did a search here and found some older threads that mentioned this plugin...but thought I would ask.  I viewed a webinar from xRite today and the presenter was selling this to speed up your RAW workflow.  To honest, it looked like it complicated the workflow.

What are your thoughts on this plugin for Lightroom 4 in reducing workflow with many images?

I use Lightroom 4 and Photoshop CS6.  I really like Lightroom from a workflow perspective.  I edit for weddings and generally use several user presets to batch many of the same type of photos to get them roughly right.  Never been pleased with Adobe Auto Tone feature and it looks like Perfectly Clear does well in the exposure correction department.  Do you find this to be true?  How is the quality?

I understand that it is basically an external program and returns an edited new file to Lightroom.  This is a minus to me.

It is a pricey product and unless it saves me time per wedding (600+ images per wedding), then I don't see the cost benefit.  I do plan to install the trial, but wanted to get your opinions.

Regards,

-- hide signature --
 CraigBennett's gear list:CraigBennett's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR +5 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow