Help! Using trial versions of Carbon Copy Cloner and Super Duper on single external HD?

Started Apr 18, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Len_Gee
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,352Gear list
Like?
Help! Using trial versions of Carbon Copy Cloner and Super Duper on single external HD?
Apr 18, 2013

Hello,

I recently purchased a new 27" iMac with 3TB Fusion Drive.     I have Time Machine connected.

Now looking at a back up solution for photos and video files.

I bought a USB 3.0 external 3 TB HD to use as a back up for  photo and vids.   Can I mount trial versions ofbothCarbon Copy ClonerANDSuper Duper on the same HD?   Then,  after trying , delete the one I don't want to keep?

Need options which one you use and why?   I'm no computer genius , so need it to be simple to use.   

New photos reside in iPhoto on the iMac.

Question:

I  have photos on an external HD that was used with an older version of iPhoto (computer died)..   I'd like to import   them to the new iMac's iPhoto library.

But,  when I connected the HD with my old photos, to my new iMac, and highlight the folder named "iPhoto Library" info shows 1.5 TB.

The external HD warns:  "To open this iPhoto library in Aperture , it first needs to be upgraded.

Verify that you have iPhoto 9.4 or later.   Then open the library in iPhoto to upgrade it."

Why do I get the warning, what does it mean, how do I proceed?

Should I first back up the external HD with either Carbon Copy Cloner or Super Duper before importing the old iPhoto library to my iMac iPhoto?

I'm not sure how to proceed.    

Help please.

Thanks.

Len_Gee's gear list:Len_Gee's gear list
Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +4 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow