Is a D90 good price and good camera for $500 dollars?

Started Apr 18, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mistermejia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,829Gear list
Like?
Is a D90 good price and good camera for $500 dollars?
Apr 18, 2013

Hi guys.  As most of you already know  i am on a budget specially due to my recent 17-55 lens, I am meeting with someone tomorrow to buy a D90 with5000 clicks for $500 dollars.  Obviously i am going to test the camera before i buy it and see "IF" i end up liking it.  I know some of you do talk very highly about your D90 and i have seen some photo samples from it in Flickr and stuff and i really really like the color output from what my eyes see.  For some strange reason my eyes just perceive a "nicer" color output from lots of previous cameras, specially from 12MP cameras.  I don't know, maybe i do need glasses.

D7000 i don't think i want to touch again, there is just something about it that tells me no.

I mostly only shoot family and friend's photos and sometimes friends weddings and i always bounce flash when needed, years ago i shot D200 for wedding and the photos came out very beautiful and i would think the D90 is much much better in the ISO department, but obviously probably not better than my former D7000, and with so much software available now i don't "feel" that i am making a mistake by going kind of "backwards" in time with an older body.

The D90 will simply be to complement my Fuji S5. D7100 is FANTASTIC and i wish i can affford it, but honestly not all cameras and MP are for everybody.  I am more into photos that have character and not so much extreme sharpness/detail and high MP.  During the last many many months i have learned a lot from this threads here and i truly thank everyone for enlightining and teaching me, and for correcting me as well.  I figured, as long as we haven't bought something yet, we are all entittled to ask all the questions we need in order to make our next smart move, for each and personal individual needs, as someone else just mentioned recently.  I know some people don't like it, but that's just the way it is

Thanks.

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Casio Exilim EX-S5 Nikon D200 Nikon D7000 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow