DPR hands on preview. GR

Started Apr 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Zagato
Regular MemberPosts: 496Gear list
Like?
Re: DPR hands on preview. GR
In reply to Midwest, Apr 17, 2013

Can only agree to Midwest.

Very interesting to read all these comparison discussions whether the Ricoh GR, the Nex 6 or the RX100 is more pocketable. Is this really the issue in photography??

Let's enjoy the fact that Ricoh, after many months of waiting, has produced a wonderful and highly versatile compact camera with an APS-C sensor which will be a guarantee for excellent IQ. (And I derive my judgment by being a GXR M and A16 user).

Despite the fact that the GR is missing the facility of attaching an EVF (a coupling slot for using the VF-2 would have been more than useful) I do think that the GR in very short time will be considered as a little gem just like the Fujifilm X100 (even with its sticky blades issue) was back in 2011.

The price for the GR is highly competitive and I wonder if they could produce a FF GXR for around the double price.

Brgds
Michael (Vienna)

Zagato's gear list:Zagato's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix E900 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-S1 Nikon D700 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow