DPR hands on preview. GR

Started Apr 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
SLOtographer
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,908Gear list
Like?
Re: DPR hands on preview. GR
In reply to Joel Stern, Apr 17, 2013

Intriguing camera! I think Ricoh probably has a winner on their hands with this camera and the price.  The Nikon A, Fuji X100, etc. are more pricey, and the Sony RX100 is only a bit less, though with a zoom.  The advanced pocketcam market is really heating up!   Glad that there are more options.

I currently use a PEN EPM2 with a 14mm pancake or 17mm f1.8 for small camera duties along with an LX7.  I grab one on a whim and head out the door on walks.

For those who say it's better to get an ILC, I point out that there are different kinds of photographers and discreet shooting may factor in lots of ways.  Also most serious photographers I know have several cameras, and this is the sort of camera that can complement a DSLR or mirrorless ILC.

-- hide signature --

SLOtographer
"If we limit our vision to the real world, we will forever be fighting on the minus side of things, working only too make our photographs equal to what we see out there, but no better." -- Galen Rowell

SLOtographer's gear list:SLOtographer's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow