Started Apr 13, 2013 | Questions thread
yvind Strm
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,129
Like?
Re: Gray cards : the 12% - 18% controversy
In reply to Roland Karlsson, Apr 17, 2013

Roland Karlsson wrote:

yvind Strm wrote:

... Bracketing? Whats that? I never bracket. ...

There are many ways of working. And your view of how to work is perfectly fine. As long as you get the exposure that's useful, any method is OK.

I am a bit curious though. Are you an extinct breed

Since I am alive, I guess I´m not extinct. Digital photography makes it just too easy. No consideration about anything, just shoot.

I have shot hundred of thousands VPS (neg), and tens of thousands slides - guess it sits in the spine.

Why would I waste time in front of the computer, to select the right exposure out of 5 images, when I can nail it in the camera?

The digital cameras will get higher and higher DR. The editing programs will get better and better. Correct exposure will get less and less important.

Maybe sometime in the near future you can get a camera with ISO 1 to ISO 1 million, where the Dynamic ranges goes the whole way. No ISO setting at all. You just chose any time and aperture and it will be correct exposed. The only difference being that less exposure will increase grain an more exposure will have to be stabilised, e.g. with a tripod.

Yes, and Lycro style of focus. Tripod will be obsolete too, it will stabilize down to seconds.

And that will make it even easier for people to take crap shots. As if there were not enough of them already....

-- hide signature --

Kind regards
Øyvind

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow