Started Apr 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gnagel
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,649
Like?
14-24 Visits Mental Hospital for the Last Time
Apr 17, 2013

The Mental Hospital is located in Manteno, Illinois and was abandoned in the early 1980's. At one time, over 8,000 patients were housed in the facility. With a staff of less than 300, the facility had a reputation for inadequate care. Stories of patient abuse surfaced--and hundreds of patients died during their "treatment".

Now, only one building on the original campus remains untouched. The others have been demolished or renovated. I visited the facility yesterday as I don't expect it to be around much longer. There is a new housing development going up right next to it now--and I expect this building to go down within a year.

This building is well known to "ghost hunters" around the country. Visitors report hearing screaming--and some insist that they've seen ghosts.

I wasn't too concerned about the ghosts for two reasons. First, the building has deteriorated so much that I practically felt like I was outside in many of the rooms! Next, HDR Efex Pro2 has the "Ghost Reduction" feature--which I set at 100%.

My biggest concern was either meeting up with a less than desirable character in there, or having a portion of the roof fall me. :eek:

All of these photos were taken yesterday with my D800 and 14-24 2.8:

Thanks for looking...

Glenn

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow