New backpack, Lowepro Flipside 500 AW or Vertex 300 AW?

Started Apr 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
juliemeikle
Regular MemberPosts: 171Gear list
Like?
Re: New backpack, Lowepro Flipside 500 AW or Vertex 300 AW?
In reply to KillerBob, Apr 17, 2013

I have the Vertex 300. I am pretty sure your gear would fit OK.

It depends on your budget and what you will use the bag for. There is no way I could acrry a full or nearly full bag    so mine is used in transit and I decant to a smaller bag with a some of my kit. The Vertex does this well. It is well made, has all the attachment points you could want, but I would question how comfortable it would be on a longish, or even medium, carry.

The plus points are; good price, well padded, easily configurable, plenty of pockets and attachment points, watrproof cover and water resistent zips. The negatives are, imho, rather stiff bag with stiff zips. The pockets are generally flat so not very expandable.

If I had though it about it more, and had the money at the time,  I would have bought the trekker pro 600 which is slighty larger, but softer ( yet more padded)  so easier to stuff bulky items into. Better external pockets and much more comfortable as the frame can be adjusted to your size. The Vertex is fine for my purposes, but you should try it for size and how comfortable it would be if you intend to carry it for long.

I have not tried the Flipside.

i can recommend F-stop bags though....they are just superb.

juliemeikle's gear list:juliemeikle's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow