The price of the SD1M is still way too high!

Started Apr 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
FDecker
Contributing MemberPosts: 749
Like?
Re: The price of the SD1M is still way too high!
In reply to sniper5, Apr 17, 2013

sniper5 wrote:

DaSigmaGuy wrote:

The new Sigma UK site quotes an SRP (Sigma Rip-off Price?) of £1839.99.  WEX photographic is usually the cheapest camera store around but get one on there and you will save yourself a whopping 99p!

Park Cameras appear to be the cheapest at the moment...They are knocking £290 off the SRP...Thats £1549.99, which is still considerably more than the original price that those now infamous Sigma press interviews lead everyone to expect the SD1 would to sell for. ("around the same price as a Canon 7D").

The Canon 7D can now be bought brand-new for just £609 (body only), making the SD1M (body only) nearly £1000 more expensive!!!

The SD1M will have to be well under £1000 before I would consider buying one.

Forgot in all these discussion to confirm, that I also find the price of the SD1 way too high.

I would have bought one already, if it would have been available for 800 Euro.

There was a voting in the German Sigma Forum about a fair price point for the Sigma SD1M:

www.kameraforum.camera-info.de/index.php?threads/was-ist-ein-fairer-preis-f%C3%BCr-die-sd1m.65641/

according to this, Sigma is heading definitely into the wrong direction...

Votings like these are meaningless. Ask the same about the D800 or a Hasselblad or an Aston Martin DB9 and you will get the same result. A lot of people would buy it for a lower price. So what?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow