Senior MemberPosts: 7,332Gear list
Like?
Re: Fuji X-S1, HS50EXR & Panasonic FZ200 Comparison
In reply to Hatstand, Apr 17, 2013

Hatstand wrote:

jcmarfilph wrote:

Again, do it properly. Don't rush!

Set the ISO to 100

Equalize the aperture (We know FZ200 has advantage in getting faster shutter speed due to f/2.8 but set it to f/5.6. You don't need fast shutter because you will do this on a tripod).

Equalize the shutterspeed if aperture is the same for all

Equalize the EV compensation

Turn off IS

Equalize the FL and also shoot on the longend zoom.

Enable 10 sec timer

Half-press the shutter button and make sure focus point for all is correct and in focus.

Press the shutter button.

Upload the originals

-=[ Joms ]=-

Other than "don't rush", I would see little value in that. Any number of review sites will post controlled and standardised test shots to allow that kind of comparison.

I find nicknd99's "real world" approach to be much more interesting and useful (hand-held, image stabilisation on, etc).

Just take the best shots you can of each subject with each camera... as if it was your only camera... take your time to figure out the best settings in each case... pay no heed to getting "standardised" results. That helps us judge whether eg. extra reach on camera x is more worthwhile than faster lens on camera y... bigger/better sensor on camera z makes up for less reach... etc etc.

It's up to him to decide which one is better for his own use regardless of how awkward the settings are. But his claim will never be the representation of how the camera will work with other hands or how the camera will be in general. If I were the one who will do the comparison (with my own hands) I can shoot the Fuji far better that the results posted here. And then I could possibly claim they are equal and nothing is vastly superior than another (of course X-S1 will  trounce the FZ and HS on high ISO comparison).

-=[ Joms ]=-

jcmarfilph's gear list:jcmarfilph's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow