Olympus E-PL5 or Panasonic Lumix G5

Started Apr 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Zensu11
Contributing MemberPosts: 827Gear list
Like?
Decide for yourself!
In reply to bowportes, Apr 17, 2013

The best advice is to drive to a store that has both cameras with a selection of lenses for you to handle in person. Only you can decide what is too large or too small. You've read up on all the features so you walk into the store armed with for-knowledge about what does what so all you have to do is work the controls and see how they feel to you.

Brick and mortar camera stores have gone the way of the Dodo in my area, other than Best Buy and the like, which sell cameras as a side line.

I took the opportunity to visit my brother in Atlanta and went to a 'real' camera store! I spoke with the salesperson ahead of the 3 hour trip and she assured me the cameras I was interested in were always in stock. Sure it was a 3 hour drive there and again back but I'll be holding the camera for years and years so what is 6 hours? Besides my brother took me to some great Asian and Seafood  restaurants we don't have in my home town.

Oh yes, I purchased the camera and a nice two lens kit for this store. When I got home and checked prices online I'd only paid about 15% more than B&H. It was worth 15%!

Zensu11's gear list:Zensu11's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow