Equivalent of GH2 Constant Preview on GX1?

Started Apr 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jeffharris
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,383Gear list
Like?
Equivalent of GH2 Constant Preview on GX1?
Apr 17, 2013

I've had my GH2 for a couple of years and just got a GX1 as a compact companion body and a place to keep my neglected 20mm.

On the GH2, I use mostly adapted manual lenses (LOVE a real aperture ring!!!) and prefer shooting in M mode, relying heavily on the GH2's Constant Preview setting and histogram. WYSIWYG!

One thing I miss with the GX1 is it's LACK of Constant Preview… either that, or my inability to hunt it down in the menu system or RTFM. So, when shooting with the GX1, what I see on the LCD or in the EVF is NOT the exposure I get when taking the shot. This is frustrating, since I've ended up with quite a few BLACK shots. Oh well...

So, for experienced GX1 shooters: does the GX1 have Constant Preview hidden somewhere or under a different name? Do any of the other M4/3 cameras have this feature?

jeffharris's gear list:jeffharris's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 42.5mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical +24 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow