Waterproof cameras which would you recommend? Samples?

Started Apr 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
Hen3ry
Senior MemberPosts: 9,754Gear list
Like?
Try the Pannny or Oly
In reply to One_Oldman_4U, Apr 17, 2013

I would have got the latest Oly but I had to buy in the middle of last yer before it reached the land of Oz.

There was a downside to it though -- its color.

I bought the Panasonic FT4 (I presume that's the TS4 in the US) in orange and added a multicolor sling to it. If I drop it in some nasty situation I want to be able to find it!

I haven’t done anything meaningful underwater with it yet -- that will come in the next couple of months with the advent of the dry season in my part of the tropics, the New Guinea Islands, and the clearing of the waters around the wonderful coral reefs. I missed out last year for a variety of reasons.

It is great for confidence when you’re in an open boat and the sea is slopping over the side as you run through a tropical rain storm!

Here is a picture in calm weather:

An under water test -- all of a meter or so! 

And above water with a dripping camera.

Pretty sharp (100%)

But you can have this problem -- see the condensation in the middle of the window? Due to high humidity air getting into the camera when I opened it to access the battery and card, and the (comparative) coolness of the sea when immersed.

Cheers, geoff

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow