backup strategies

Started Apr 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
chironNYC
Senior MemberPosts: 1,363
Like?
backup strategies--lots of good solutions
In reply to gavin, Apr 17, 2013

There is a ton of good advice in this thread that provides different solutions for people with different needs and goals.

For myself, I think synctoy will allow me to keep all my photos on a large external 3TB Buffalo drive ($150 at Amazon) attached to my desktop and also used to create a mirror of my desktop's C: drive, and then also have the folders with photos and the Lightroom catalog from the 3 TB Buffalo drive automatically synced to a 2nd 2TB external usb drive.

This 2nd usb drive will serve both as a back of the Buffalo external drive's photos and also as a portable drive that I can take with me to use on my laptop or another computer when that is desirable. This sounds like a safe, automatic, flexible, and convenient solution for my purposes and needs.

Thank you to everyone who contributed expertise to this thread. I am sure many people will find the different advice and solutions helpful for their own particular needs.

Peter

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow