Need advice reg. recently bought 35mm f/1.8 Dx lens

Started Apr 16, 2013 | Questions thread
faram k
Forum MemberPosts: 68Gear list
Like?
Re: Need advice reg. recently bought 35mm f/1.8 Dx lens
In reply to boviscopophobic, Apr 17, 2013

boviscopophobic wrote:

I know that you said you didn't need to use AF fine tune, but I would suggest doing the test with live view focusing just to remove any possible focusing issues from the equation. The 35mm does suffer from focus shift as you stop down.

Thanks for the tip.

I did use previously Live View autofocus as well as manual focus (with image in LCD magnified to the full) many times to use as a reference while checking for front/back focus and found that a bit of negative AF fine tune was required when target distance was 30 inches but didn't find any need for it at 50 inches target distance, used in the above test images.

I also did the above tests for various apertures using live view AF and manual focus but image sharpness remained the same as shown in above test images.

faram k's gear list:faram k's gear list
Nikon D7000 Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Kenko Teleplus Pro 300 AF 2.0x Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-300mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow