Olympus E-PL5 or Panasonic Lumix G5

Started Apr 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Hen3ry
Senior MemberPosts: 9,207Gear list
Like?
The G5 is actually smaller and more useful
In reply to Marco Cinnirella, Apr 17, 2013

Marco Cinnirella wrote:

I was impressed, no question, with the IQ coming out of that sensor, but the other things spoiled it for me with the E-PL5. I couldn't really fault the G5 in contrast - its JPEGs don't quite look as nice as those from the Oly, neither does its high ISO, but as an overall package it ticked more boxes for me, albeit the G5 is a larger and non-pocketable camera.

The G5 is actually SMALLER than the E-PL5 when you fit the VF-2 to the E=PL5 to gert eye level viewing. Further, the G5 has a built in, flip up flash. With the E-PL5, if you want to take a quick flash shot or add some instant fill-in, you have to take off the VF-2 and lose eye level viewing, and find the stupid little accessory flash and put it on and … wonder where the picture went!!! 

On the other hand, if you don’t want eye level viewing, then there's no question about which way you go -- the E-PL5 is for you.

Cheers, geoff2

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow