Brightness setting for new Dell 2713HM monitor?

Started Apr 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Lance B
Forum ProPosts: 27,038Gear list
Like?
Re: Brightness setting for new Dell 2713HM monitor?
In reply to MikeNannie, Apr 17, 2013

MikeNannie wrote:

Just setup my new Dell 2713HM monitor tonight. It's nothing short of amazing. I want to work in sRGB, which is easy to select, but how do you determine where to set the brightness?

I typically work in my home office with either just daylight from a shaded window, or tonight, with some 'normal' room light (if there is a normal).

Anyone have this monitor and a tool to adjust it to a reasonable brightness for an 'average' lit room?

I know it's hard to give advice when you don't know how my room is lit, but I'd be curious if anyone has a ball park setting?

I thought I read someplace that about 32% is close for a room lit by one 60w bulb, but I don't remember where I read that or if that's really correct.

thanks

Mike

I have just calibrated it with the i1 Profiler and it required the setting of the brightness to be at 49%

Lance B's gear list:Lance B's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow