Metabones Speed Booster for Pentax K lenses?

Started Apr 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
cyberstudio
Regular MemberPosts: 369
Like?
There is hope!
In reply to steephill, Apr 17, 2013

Disclosure: we have a business relationship with Metabones. On one hand I am an "insider" and on the other hand please take note my viewpoints are likely biased because of this relationship.

I did personally tested Pentax K mount lenses fitment and sent them the dimension data to support K mount lenses (including making sure the very long aperture lever doesn't get in the way). There is in principle no problem whatsoever making a Pentax K lens Speed Booster, and they are looking into it.

Perceived lack of demand is not an issue for a company that support Alpa on day one. That is not the reason why there is no Pentax K at this point.

Please note that a "no" is not necessarily a hard "no" forever. As some of you have observed, there is already a long pipeline pending, including m4/3 camera bodies, and on the lens side we have yet to see Nikon F/G, Canon FD, Minolta MD and Rollei QBM. Don't get me wrong, Pentax K is every bit as important as any of the aforementioned, it is just that instead of making further promises, they have (IMHO) correctly chosen to deliver on their existing commitments first. A steady stream of new mounts are trickling out and we have already seen Contax/Yashica and Contarex. There is no inherent difficulty other than the sheer number of so many combinations of mounts to support.

The Pentax K lens must have a physical aperture ring, however. FA J and DA lenses shall not be supported in any event. This way the pricing will likely be $399 instead of $449 and it will be out in the market more quickly. Most J/DA lenses do not cover FF, anyway, so I hope this would not be an unacceptable impediment.

-- hide signature --

Bo-Ming / conurus

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow