Started Apr 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BigLoggerhead
New MemberPosts: 18
Like?
Olympus E-PL5 or Panasonic Lumix G5
Apr 17, 2013

So I'm about to purchase my first interchangeable lens camera and have finally narrowed it down to the two listed in the thread title. From what I can tell in doing research is that both  cameras are exceptional and both are in the budget I've set of around $500. However, there are differences which I'm sure many of you are aware of. I had pretty much decided on the Olympus when I came across the G5. I like the fact that the E-PL5 has the same sensor as the OMD which has been producing some great images but I also like the fact that the G5 has a viewfinder and is slightly larger. (I have big hands) The only thing I wonder about with the G5 is the stabilization system. Is on board stabilization better than the system being built into the lens?

HELP! I like both of these cameras and need help deciding on which one to purchase. Right now I'm leaning towards the Olympus but I'm open minded. Any input is appreciated.

Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow