Started Apr 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kirk Tuck
Senior MemberPosts: 1,925Gear list
Like?
The a58 has landed in Austin.
Apr 17, 2013

Got a call yesterday from my local camera store letting me know that they'd just gotten in their first shipment of Sony a58s. Wanted to know if I "needed" one. I picked mine up today. Seems slightly smaller than the a57 and much smaller than my a850 or a99s. The EVF is much better than the one in the a58 (worth it right there for me). Since I don't think any of my raw converters currently "do" the a58 I've been shooting Jpegs and so far I'm very happy. I'll start torture testing it tomorrow and hopefully have it sorted out by the weekend. The menu is almost identical to the a57 menu so that learning curve was quick.

Nice that all the bodies use the same battery. More fun to pick up a camera and start using it right way without having to wait for a charge cycle....

-- hide signature --

Austin based advertising and portrait photographer, and author of the book series, Minimalist Lighting, and the books: Commercial Photographers Handbook, Photographic Lighting Equipment, and, LED Lighting for Digital Photographers. www.kirktuck.com

Kirk Tuck's gear list:Kirk Tuck's gear list
Nikon D2Xs Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Nikon D7100 Samsung Galaxy NX +2 more
Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Sony SLT-A57 Sony SLT-A58 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow