Started Apr 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mike C
Senior MemberPosts: 1,787Gear list
Like?
We live and learn...sigh!!! Panny to Sony to Panny
Apr 17, 2013

I used to own a Panny GX1, powerful Metz  external flash, smallzoom  kit lens, EVF and the wonderful 14-140 zoom.

Well, I did an E-bay switch and purchased a NEX7 along with the kit zoom, a f1.8 35mm normal lens, and the sony 18-200 zoom.  I should have realized that lenses for an APS- c sensor really don't vary that much in size and weight between a true SLR and a Sony mirrorless. They add an incredible amount of weight to an otherwise light camera.   However, the NEX7 body is a true masterpiece of design. Although,  the menu system could use a serious firmware upgrade. No complaints about the results though.

Needless to say, if i'm fast, I should be able to get top dollar for the Sony items and be back to Panasonic in about two months. Seriously, the difference in photo quality is imperceptable in most cases.

Now to start due diligence for the next product purchases.

As to the LX5 to RX100 move. It was well worth the upgrade to the one inch sensor.  i am definitely keeping that camera.

-- hide signature --

Mike C
Denver, CO

Mike C's gear list:Mike C's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 DxO Optics Pro Standard +2 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
sureNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow