Canon vixia G20 - 60i has fastest focus?

Started Apr 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
lancespring
Senior MemberPosts: 1,915Gear list
Like?
Re: G30 versus HC-X920 versus PJ710
In reply to Cy Cheze, Apr 16, 2013

Cy Cheze wrote:

Of the three, the HC-920 is priced the lowest and is the lightest and most compact.

The Sony PJ710 is not that much larger, and the weight difference is only 555 grams for the Sony vs 417 grams for the Panasonic.   Both are significantly lighter than the upcoming Canon HF G30 ( 765 grams ).  My Canon HF G10 is 549 grams, and I find it to be very comfortable and light enough to hold for long periods.   The Sony should feel the same.

A super light camcorder really contributes nothing to holding a camcorder steady.  Of these camcorders, I think that only the size and the weight of the HF G30 is of concern.

Also, the price difference between the HC-X920 and the PJ710 at B&H Photo is only a difference of $48, which is quite negligible.  Not enough to factor in the decision making process, in my opinion.

lancespring's gear list:lancespring's gear list
Nikon D600 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow