FZ200 at the Farm Shop - 4 pics - and settings (Oh no, not settings . . . )

Started Apr 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mikedigi
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,435Gear list
Like?
Re: FZ200 at the Farm Shop - 4 pics - and settings (Oh no, not settings . . . )
In reply to Ronomy, Apr 16, 2013

Ronomy wrote:

Regarding sharpness setting.  I can see sharpness doing more to the image with ires off.  . . . . . . .

Thanks Ron, I just have to settle down to something now, and I don't have an LX7 to fall back on.

With the FZ200, if I'm at Sh -1 and Nr -2:   iRes On gives me adequate Sharpness and surface detail, iRes Off does not.

Higher Sh or Nr settings seem to take me into more unstable results and I can't be bothered with them any more.  Vivid can seem to apply more sharpening and detail than higher Sharpness settings, and it can be useful for that.

I have to simplify what I am doing and stop testing things, so I am staying with Ires On,  Co 0,  Sa 0,  Sh -1,  Nr -2,  AWB 3 clicks left.  Standard mostly, Vivid when it suits, Sa +1 when I feel like it.

I've used these settings enough now to have confidence in them at any ISO and I am really not bothered about noise/grain in shadow areas, as long as my main subject surfaces do not have excessive noise, Nr blotches or orange peel effect.

At 100-400 ISO it's better than my FZ5, FZ8, FZ38 and TZ10/ZS7, and although I shall try to avoid 800-1600 ISO by using the f2.8, it's not bad at 800-1600 ISO either, I can handle it.

My only alternative is to get a different camera, but that's an even bigger can of worms, and the grass is not always greener in the next meadow.

I'll Keep Calm and Have a Nice Cup of Tea . . . 

Mike

Mikedigi's gear list:Mikedigi's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow