Started Apr 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jagge
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,914Gear list
Like?
conflicted get the omd kit or not..
Apr 16, 2013

i think i will get the omd. I now have a g2 which i dont like and the gh3 is to bulky and expensive even though i like video.

Anyhow I would like to get at bit of advice. I have the 20 mm 1.7 and the pana 14-42 kit lense. I plan to sell the G2 if I can propably with the kit lense.

Now I could keep the lenses and just go for the omd house. It would be the cheapest. Now here are the issues. I really like wideangle in compacts and I dont find 14 mm wide enough. I like the idea of weathersealed lense a lot, BUT i also like good quality. On my Nikon D50 i have been using a 18-70 kit lense and that sort of quality is ok to me for what its worth. I dont really fancy the 20 mm, maybe due to the pana sensor that is not great. I do think the AF speed will be a issue for me as well since i want to take pictures of my 3 year old, main reason for upgrade.

I do like shallow depth and will for sure get the 45 mm fast. Now dessicions.... Should i sell the G2 with kit lense and the 20 mm 1.7 and get the omd with the kit lense and see if I could get the 25 mm 1.4 which i really lust for. Or should i keep the 1.7 as a starters, get the 45 mm and the OMD kit with 12-50 mm to get that wideangle....

Darn conflicted hope for some input. For sure AF speed (moving kid) and shallow depth possibility (45 mm or 25 mm) is important to me.

Best wishes

Jakob

Nikon D50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow