Why Win8 will succeed. Or fail.

Started Apr 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
stuartp56
Forum MemberPosts: 63Gear list
Like?
Re: "Pie in the Sky Drive" out here...
In reply to AlbertInFrance, Apr 16, 2013

No, you don't get it.

Geographically, for much of the west there is no data signal. Where there is no data signal there is no Cloud access. I work in the mountains of the west. There's a reason the local people all carry CB radios -- emergencies require it because the cell signal is not reliable, let alone a data signal or a full 4G data signal. I travel in an RV with usually a week in a location so Comcast is NOT an option.

I have a Wi-Fi hot-spot on my smart phone and I use that for access in all kinds of obscure remote places, but there has to be a data signal. My phone spends a lot of time shut off in my pocket because the battery goes dead in an hour or so searching for a non-existent cell signal.

I can live with Win-8 once I get software loaded on the machine. It's an irritation, it's usable.

Shutting the lid puts mine in sleep mode which means it's still burning battery. It has to shut down. Pushing the switch is an option I'd forgotten.

stuartp56's gear list:stuartp56's gear list
Canon EOS 350D Canon EOS 650D Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III USM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow