Waterproof cameras which would you recommend? Samples?

Started Apr 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
Paul Farace
Contributing MemberPosts: 745Gear list
Like?
Waterproof is the only way to go for P&S!
In reply to One_Oldman_4U, Apr 16, 2013

after buying several very expensive P&S cameras I realized that if you are going to buy a P&S it should be one that you can take anywhere... boating or canoeing... to the beach, or any activity tha may be detrimental to a delicate camera.  I had a ton of cameras but couldn't take any on a canoe trip with my friends because if the boat tipped it was DEAD!  So yea, I purchased a Lumix TS-4 after considering the field. It goes down to 40+ feet ... it is very rugged (like a block of metal in your pocket) and it shoots great images and video. Colors are nice too... because if you lose it in the mud, water, slush, etc., a bright orange or blue camera is easier to see than a black one... however, not being able to decide what color to buy, I opted for black but have a colorful float strap for use around water.

-- hide signature --

Holding a camera, any camera, reduces my blood pressure, calms my nerves, and gives me a sense of opportunity!

Paul Farace's gear list:Paul Farace's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 50D Fujifilm X-Pro1 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow