Started Apr 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Karl Scharf
Senior MemberPosts: 3,060Gear list
Like?
End of line?
Apr 16, 2013

As Sony moves further and further away from its excellent Minolta A-mount heritage it has become more and more apparent to me that the A77 may well be the end of the line for its APS-C cameras.

The rumor of a delay in the release of a successor to the A77 seems to support this sad assumption even more, as well as the absence of any kind of advertising by Sony in major photo magazines.

Just received the May issue of Popular Photography magazine and noticed it was filled with full page (and even two page) Nikon adds and I couldn't even find one single advertisement for Sony! Not very encouraging if you are a Sony fan. The back cover, by the way is for the Canon EOS 5D Mark III.

Fortunately, at least for me, I am totally happy with my A77 and the accessories that I have accumulated and can probably live with that fine system for a very long time.

Anyone else have an opinion on this subject?

-- hide signature --

Karl Scharf >>> ( Sony SLT-A77, Rokinon 8mm, Sigma 10-20 f4.0-5.6, Sigma 18-250 f3.5-6.3, Sigma 50-500 f4.5-6.3 OS, Minolta 70-210 f4.0, Minolta 50 f1.7, Kenko 1.4x DGX ) <<<

Karl Scharf's gear list:Karl Scharf's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM +4 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow