In reply to rrr_hhh, Apr 16, 2013

rrr_hhh wrote:

Pete Berry wrote:

R Butler wrote:

exdeejjjaaaa wrote:

Anders W wrote:

exdeejjjaaaa wrote:

tgutgu wrote:

Thanks for the good review. You have confirmed my concerns about the view finder, which is indeed disappointing for a flagship camera.

it does not confirm you allegations... it just says that visually impaired people like you (those who need to wear glasses ) do not see all the image sharp - "you'll rarely see the whole screen as sharp if you wear glasses"... you were alleging that everybody doesn't... just compare what is written in review w/ your previous musings.

So here is what is actually written in the review for comparison with what you say is written (and not):

However, we found the viewfinder optics to be disappointing - it's difficult to ever see the whole panel

indeed, because Butler wears glasses... the issue is his eyesight, for people w/ 20/20 there is no problem.

I can't believe I didn't ask people in the office who don't wear glasses to check whether they still had problems.

Oh, hang on, I did. Maybe that's what gave me confidence to state that it is a problem (and a bigger one for glasses wearers).

Richard - dpreview.com

As a fellow glasses wearer who found my EVF unsmeared but restricted in view of 4:3 corners and 16:9 edges (as well as disappointingly smaller and less sharp than my GH2's 4:3 view), I simply removed the rubber/plastic EVF surround and got a significantly better view - without any eyeglass damage so far.

Yes you can do that, but in situation where the sun is coming from the side, you will get stray light on he VF. By contrast I got the bigger eyecup for the E-M5 and the image I see in the VF is perfect and no sidelights can disturb me.

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

Well, that's pretty easy with the tiny little 4/3 image apparent size in the OM-D!

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonic-lumix-dmc-gh3/4

A month or so ago I switched cameras with an OM-D shooter and was surprised with the size difference - reminding me of my Oly E-30's view.

PB

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow