Panasonic GH3 review published

Started Apr 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
PC Wheeler
Forum ProPosts: 13,573Gear list
Like?
Re: Fully agree, a very good review to help people decide.
In reply to Paul De Bra, Apr 16, 2013

Paul De Bra wrote:

it is now clear that when you want the best video with still good stills you should get the GH3 and when you want the best stills camera with still good video you should get the E-M5.

Unless you: a) Really dislike the handling of the E-M5 with long lenses; or b) Are baffled by Oly's approach to menus. Alas, I love the OM-D's jpegs but cannot abide a) and b). So I have the GH3 and really like it. Maybe someday I'll shoot videos

Heck, if it weren't for often using longer lenses like the 14-140 and the 100-300 (even the 35-100) my GX1 would probably do good enough for my still shooting. It is a fine digicam (and a bargain recently), but using long lenses on it is awkward, about like using the OM-D with such lenses sans the add-on handgrip.

-- hide signature --

Phil

PC Wheeler's gear list:PC Wheeler's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow