tt321
Senior MemberPosts: 4,111Gear list
Like?
Re: Panasonic GH3 review
In reply to Anders W, Apr 16, 2013

Anders W wrote:

RicksAstro wrote:

Anders W wrote:

As I pointed out, it's just a matter of how quickly the sensor can be reset. Presumably, Canon can't patent the reset speed itself, just a particular way of accomplishing it. If Sony has accomplished the same by some other means, they wouldn't have to license it.

I thought it wasn't just how fast it can be reset, but a matter of syncing the resetting of each row with the mechanical shutter (same speed and direction) so no mechanical shutter is needed.    That may be patentable.

I doubt that this makes a difference with regard to patentability. If you have a reset mechanism, no matter which, it should be addressable by row (if the sensor is read by row). And if it is addressable by row, it is of course a simple matter to sync it with the shutter curtain.

The patent reads to me like they are mainly claiming the fundamental concept, i.e. syncing the electronic reset scanning to the mechanical shutter coming behind to replace the mechanical first shutter, so others may have trouble implementing the same effect with different reset mechanisms or any implementation differences?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow