nicknd99
Regular MemberPosts: 183Gear list
Like?
Re: Fuji X-S1, HS50EXR & Panasonic FZ200 Comparison
In reply to jcmarfilph, Apr 16, 2013

jcmarfilph wrote:

nicknd99 wrote:

Me Tarzan wrote:

Nick, the clear winner is the Panny due to the clearest images in your test. I own the FZ150; it's a peach [=great!] of a camera. Owners of the FZ200 often state that the 150 bests the 200 so you might consider that; I plan to add the 200 when the price decreases.

I own several from the HS series [ all but the HS50].  I wouldn't trade my 150 for all of my HS Fujis.

As you said, you're shooting in the real world. Go with what works best for you and don't let anyone talk you into something that you might later regret, even myself.

-- hide signature --

Frank

Thanks Frank.  One of the concerns I have is the FZ's dynamic range.  In shooting the camera this weekend, I found myself blowing out the highlights in a few shots despite dialing in  - EV.  I've read some complaints about JPEG noise as the ISO creeps up, but with the FZ's fast lens, and no plans to shoot this camera indoors much, I'm not overly concerned.  What has your experience been?

Shoot in RAW and why won't you use it indoor? It should give you an advantage in using low ISO or fast shutterspeed than HS50 and X-S1.

-=[ Joms ]=-

Hi Joms,

Per my opening post, I'll be using whichever camera I settle on in JPEG only, as I have no desire to go RAW at this time.  As for indoor shots, let me elaborate; anything indoors my X100 or X10 (if I need a little reach) would suit me better.  Now, if you mean indoor stadium, convention hall, etc. where I could benefit from more reach than the X10 could provide me, then you are spot on.  Heck, I would have loved a cam like the FZ200 at a convention I was at in 2011.  In lieu of my DSLR and lenses I brought with me my Nikon P7000 which I owned at the time.  Very capable camera, but a bit slow on the long end.  Conceivably if one has pockets deep enough, all of these cameras could be owned and taken advantage of as their strengths were called upon.  Unfortunately for me (actually let me correct myself and say fortunately!), a two year old and newborn see fit to keep my pockets on the shallower side 

nicknd99's gear list:nicknd99's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X-S1 Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X30 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow